University of Bridgeport Global Leaders of Tomorrow Full Scholarship for Undergraduate International Students
Recognizing the impact of an international education on a student’s life and the development of his/her community, the University of Bridgeport seeks to support a select group of promising students throughout the period of their undergraduate studies in the form of a comprehensive scholarship.
The Global Leaders of Tomorrow Full Scholarship will cover:
- the full cost of tuition and fees
- cost of room and board in an on-campus residency hall for the duration of four years of undergraduate studies for first-time freshman students
Students receiving this scholarship are required to:
- pay a minimal housing fee each semester
- enroll in and pay for the University of Bridgeport’s mandatory health insurance
Students will be selected on the basis of their:
- academic performance in their secondary school studies; and
- through a nomination provided by the student’s high school counselor or the local Education USA advisor. Nominations from other sources will not be accepted.
Applicants must demonstrate full English language proficiency, and possess the equivalent of a 3.5 Grade Point Average (GPA) or higher on a scale of 4.
Final selection will be made based on the student’s potential for growth, academic performance, community involvement, and leadership, as demonstrated through academic transcripts, test scores, the counselor/Education USA advisor’s letter of nomination, and the student-authored supplementary essay.
Students must personally apply directly to the University of Bridgeport via the following weblink: http://www.bridgeport.edu/finaid/international-students/undergraduate-scholarships-for-international-students/global-leaders-of-tomorrow-full-scholarship/. Applications submitted through a third party will not be considered for the Global Leaders of Tomorrow Scholarship.
Deadline for submission of required documents is April 1, 2017.
For further information, please contact Lydia Lemalu at the U.S. Embassy Samoa: