Pepperdine University School of Law – JAMS Full Tuition LLM Scholarship
The Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution at Pepperdine School of Law is pleased to announce that JAMS is sponsoring a full-tuition scholarship for Pepperdine’s LLM in Dispute Resolution program. JAMS is the largest for-profit provider of mediation and arbitration services in the United States, with offices in more than 25 cities and more than 300 retired judges and senior lawyers on its panel. JAMS has been focusing on international opportunities, including the opening of an office in London, and sees this scholarship as an expression of its support for future practitioners.
Pepperdine has partnered with JAMS to provide a full-tuition scholarship for international students in Pepperdine’s LLM programs. The scholarship covers full tuition for one of the following LLM programs:
- LLM in International Commercial Arbitration (ICA)
- LLM in International Commercial Law and Arbitration (ICLA)
- LLM in International Commercial Law and Dispute Resolution (ICLDR)
- LLM in US Law and Dispute Resolution (USLDR)
- LLM in Dispute Resolution
Applications for the 2017 – 2018 academic year are now available. In order to apply, the applicants must submit:
1) a completed LLM application; and
2) a two-page essay, explaining why they would like to be selected for the JAMS Scholarship and should also address:
- How would an LL.M. from Pepperdine advance your short and long term professional goals?
- What areas of inquiry in the ICA/DR arena are of most interest to you? and
- How would the scholarship affect your ability to attend? (The scholarship will be based largely on merit, but financial need may be considered when applicants are equally qualified.)
The deadline for submission is March 3, 2017.
Details on the scholarship can be found on the Full Tuition Scholarship webpage. Visit the Masters of Law (LLM) program page to learn more.
For questions regarding the scholarship, please contact Ms Lydia Lemalu on the contact details below:
Lydia N. Lemalu
Education Advisor/English Language Program Coordinator
U.S. Embassy Samoa
ACC Building, 5th Floor
P.O. Box 3430 I Apia, SAMOA
Tel: (685) 21631 x2239 I Fax: (685) 22030