Call for Applications: AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND AND SAMOA GOVERNMENT OPEN CATEGORY SCHOLARSHIPS ON OFFER FOR 2018 INTAKE
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade of Samoa is now accepting applications from Samoan citizens for the 2018 Open Category Scholarships for Awards tenable in Australia, New Zealand and the region.
Priority is given to studies that meet National HRD Priority needs and to those applicants who are able to demonstrate leadership ability and potential. NUS and USP Foundation Level students are not eligible to apply; separate applications for these students will open in July.
- Must be applying for a new course of study and not seeking support for a course they have already commenced;
- Must be applying for an upgrade of the highest qualification;
- Samoa citizens holding NZ citizenship are eligible for NZ Awards only. Those applying for the NZ Quota are ineligible.
- Samoa citizens holding citizenship of other developed countries (including American Samoa, Australia) are ineligible to apply for Australia or New Zealand Government funded Award. These citizens are eligible to apply for the Government of Samoa (DFL) Awards.
- Must have served at least 2 years bond at time of application, and must sign a Government Bond prior to departure for study;
- Must be currently employed and have worked for more than 2 years;
- Applicant must complete the Scholarship Expression of Interest Form: 2018 Intake, before proceeding to the next stages of the Open Category Process.
- Categories of Study: TVET, Mature Age, Upgrade to Bachelors, Post Graduate, Distance Flexi Education (GOS covers 95% tuition fees and annual book allowance at either an Australian or New Zealand Institution, Australia covers 97% tuition fees for an Australian Institution).
Interested applicants can uplift the Scholarship EOI Form, Annex B: National HRD Needs List from:
– Scholarships, Trainings and Bilateral Relations Division
Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade
Level 3, FMFM II Government Building
– Download an e-copy by cliking on the forms below:
Deadline for Preliminary Application Forms to be submitted to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade is Wednesday, 29 March 2017 by COB E-copies will not be accepted.